Tuesday, March 22, 2016

S/S 2016 | Wardrobe Planning


Do people still do these? Does this image clearly identify me as a dull, sartorially-conservative, future New Englander? Maybe just a bit.

My goal this summer is to not default to athleisure garb when I go about society. The items here are non-descript and consistent with my warm weather wardrobe staples (grey denim shorts, navy blue twill shorts, 4000 grey t-shirts) and look comfortable enough for me. If I need a boost in formality, I have warm weather-appropriate dresses to rely on.

Without further ado, here are my prospective purchases:

1. Sperry boat shoes - I have always been a secret admirer, even if my roommate finds them horrendously frat-daddy and preppy. Expensive? Yes, but I can't possibly wear my leather Chelsea boots every day once the weather warms up. My point is that I have grown fond of the rugged brown leather shoe, and that knowing myself, cost-per-wear will be low this time next year.

2. Black shorts - of these three options from Uniqlo, I plan to pick one. Nothing complicated here.

3. Breton shirt - I'm not too sure about this one, and it may be a long time before I actually buy one of these, considering how many variations there are.

4. Red polo - nothing more needs to be said.

5. Seersucker shirt - this is partly to counteract the darkness of my wardrobe, but also because I need warm weather shirting that looks somewhat put-together. But, really, this is a stand-in for any lightweight warm-weather top.

I crossed a few things off this list, the bulk of them being dresses: a casual summer sundress, a graduation ceremony dress, and a white coat ceremony dress. The first I am fairly sure I have enough of, especially since I plan on wearing some neglected skirts of mine more often. The second and third I'll find as well in my closet, which should be fine considering both will be covered by much more important garments. However, I reserve a sixth purchase for a dress that suddenly appears (and I feel very strongly about).

This list was generated with mild Bay Area weather, potential summer travels, and August in Boston in mind...and is subject to change. Even so, I've been keeping up the pattern of moderate/minimal shopping throughout college, and don't expect to deviate.

2 comments:

  1. I love these! They're so easy to throw together, and yet it'll look like you're very put together, no matter what combination you end up choosing. Makes it easy to dress in the morning :) -Audrey | Brunch at Audrey's

    ReplyDelete